Magnet fishing is a new trendy hobby in the United Kingdom and the United States of America. Many young people and the senior citizens as well spend their time on a lake for magnet fishing.
What is Magnet Fishing?
Basically, magnet fishing is an act of fishing in which we use a powerful magnet which is attached to a strong rope. The main purpose is not to catch a fish. But we try to pull the metal objects with the help of a magnet from the deep water.
Usually, people dispose of old metal objects into different types of water bodies which includes, lakes, rivers, ponds, and streams. They dispose of these items because these are useless for them, but for many other people, these items may be very useful and valuable.
If you are expecting some heavy objects then you must use China magnet which is good to pull the heavy objects.
Accessories Required for Magnet Fishing
- A strong magnet
- A strong rope
- A bag
From the above-mentioned accessories, a strong eyebolt magnet, a rope, and gloves are mandatory items that you should have with your for magnet fishing. A bag and a thread lock are optional items which can help you to perform this activity.
Magnet Fishing Tips & Tricks
- Below are some useful tips and trick for you if you are a beginner. You should know these things before your start magnet fishing:
- Check the laws: You should check your local laws and should ask the experts if magnet fishing is legal in your country? If it is not legal then don’t adopt this hobby.
- Wear Gloves: You should wear gloves while doing magnetic fishing. These gloves will save your hands from the cuts that you might get while pulling the rope to pull out the heavy metal objects.
- Life-Saving Jacket: It is good if you know swimming and you can swim in flowing water. But wearing a life-saving jacket is a must that can help you to swim and can save your life.
- What to do if magnet gets stuck: If your magnet get stuck with some heavy object and you want to unstick your magnet then you can either use a wooden wedge or a rubber mallet. If you can’t find any help with these items, then you can use a screwdriver as well, you can put it in the eyelet and then pull it up.
- Clean Your Magnet: If you want your magnet to have a long life and don’t want it to lose its power, then you should clean it after every few throws. Use an old toothbrush to clean the magnet and an old rag. Gently clean the magnet with these items to remove any iron or sand that is attached to the magnet.
- Bonus Tip: Keep your mobile away from the powerful magnet. If your mobile exposed to the powerful magnet it can get damage. Especially the digital compass will stop working if some screw or other part gets magnetized.