Toronto, Canada’s largest city, is a vibrant and multicultural destination that attracts millions of visitors every year. From its iconic landmarks, and world-class museums, to its diverse culinary scene, Toronto offers an unforgettable experience for every traveler.
In this guide, we’ll explore the must-visit attractions, hidden gems, and tips to make the most out of your visit to Toronto, Canada.
Top Things to Do in Toronto:
- Explore the CN Tower: This iconic tower is a must-visit attraction and offers breathtaking views of the city from its observation deck. For the more adventurous, try the EdgeWalk, a hands-free walk around the tower’s exterior at a height of 1168 feet!
- Visit the Royal Ontario Museum: This museum features an impressive collection of art, culture, and natural history exhibits. Don’t miss the famous dinosaur exhibit and the Bat Cave!
- Take a Stroll in Kensington Market: This vibrant and eclectic neighborhood is a popular destination for foodies and shoppers alike. Explore the various food stalls, vintage shops, and street art that make this area so unique.
- Catch a Game at the Scotiabank Arena: Home to the Toronto Raptors and the Toronto Maple Leafs, this arena is a great place to catch a game and experience the electric atmosphere of the city’s sports fans.
- Walk around the Distillery District: This pedestrian-only area is home to a collection of Victorian-era buildings that have been converted into art galleries, restaurants, and shops. This is a great place to explore the city’s history and sample some local craft beer.
Top Hidden Gems in Toronto:
- Toronto Islands: This peaceful oasis just a short ferry ride from downtown offers stunning views of the city skyline and a chance to escape the hustle and bustle of the city.
- Graffiti Alley: Located in the Queen West neighborhood, this alley is a vibrant showcase of street art and graffiti that is constantly changing.
- Allan Gardens Conservatory: This indoor botanical garden offers a serene escape from the city and features a wide variety of plant species from around the world.
- The Toronto Light Festival: This annual event transforms the historic Distillery District into a stunning outdoor art exhibit featuring light installations from local and international artists.
- The Aga Khan Museum: This museum showcases the art, culture, and history of Islamic civilizations and features a beautiful garden designed by landscape architect Vladimir Djurovic.
Check out this amazing guide on how to properly apply for a Canada Visa for Liechtenstein Citizens. With that, you can also get useful information about applying for a Canada visa for Luxembourg citizens.
Q: What is the best time of year to visit Toronto?
A: The best time to visit to Toronto, Canada is during the summer months (June to August) when the weather is warm and there are many outdoor events and festivals. However, if you prefer to avoid crowds, consider visiting in the shoulder seasons (spring and fall).
Q: How do I get around Toronto?
A: Toronto has an extensive public transportation system that includes buses, streetcars, and a subway system. Taxis and ride-sharing services are also widely available. If you prefer to explore the city on foot, many attractions are within walking distance of each other.
Q: What is the currency in Canada?
A: The currency in Canada is the Canadian dollar (CAD).
Toronto is a city that truly has something for everyone. Whether you’re interested in exploring the city’s history and culture or trying out the latest food trends, there’s no shortage of activities to keep you busy.
With this guide, you’ll be able to plan your visit to Toronto, Canada, and make the most out of your time in this vibrant and exciting destination.